Wednesday 23 March 2011

Street Car: $4 Veggie Dog + Fries Combo


In between my classes, I often usually try to cram some time to eat since time usually doesn't permit me to do so. Conveniently located on my school's campus are a series of food trucks that sell various items from Chinese food to Western fast food. The truck I usually go to for poutine also had a $4 Hot dog + Fries combo so I figured I'd try it. I ordered a veggie dog, since I'd figure I'd be healthier... and didn't upgrade my fries to poutine. I'd say this is a waste of my $4! The veggie dog tasted horrible, regardless of the amount of condiments I put on it. It tasted like mushy plastic, if I dare say. I ended up carrying it around school cause I felt guilty chucking it out... and then chucked it on the way home. The only thing I ate were the fries... and without the gravy and cheese chunks, didn't taste that great either.

I will definitely not be ordering a veggie dog from this food truck ever again, and in the unlikely chance I order this combo, I am going for a meat dog with a poutine fries upgrade.

Aside from that, I'll still probably go to the truck for the poutines. They are a droolworthy guilty pleasure and aren't priced badly. The two men who own the truck are generally friendly although they keep to themselves and converse while making fried goods in what I think is Russian.

{ The Verdict }
Experience: 2.5/5
Service: 3/5
Entree: 0/5
Value: 3/5
Overall: D-

Location: St. George Street, Toronto
Cost: $

No comments:

Post a Comment